What To Do in 2020
Here we go, another new year!
What do you want to accomplish in 2020?
I'm a big, big believer in that "he who aims at nothing is sure to hit it".
Don't just go by the motions. Don't just wing it. Have a plan, and have a plan to hold yourself accountable.
If you are new to goal setting, make a goal that you can achieve in a month or less. The farther away the goal, the more delayed gratification it takes to sustain your habits to deliver success - in other words, the farther away the finish line is, the harder it is to cross.
- Commit to nutrition and lose those final ____lbs
- Commit to working out a certain number of days per week
- PR your ________ by ________ lbs
- Improve sleep by ________
- Sign up for a 5k/10k/Half Marathon etc in the spring or summer
- Reduce alcohol to _____ days a week.
Some ideas to keep you accountable:
- Write down your goals on the CFS goals board (publicize it)
- Tell your spouse
- Tell a friend
- Write it on your fridge
- Heard this one on the radio ... make a financial commitment. Basically they said you are 10x more likely to commit to the goal if there is money on the line! Pick a charity, pick a monetary amount, give it to someone trustworthy, have them hold on to it, and if you do not do your goal, they donate the money! If you do the goal, you get the money back!
What it all comes down to is this: you are either moving forward in life-progressing toward what you want, or you are falling behind. There really is no middle ground, no stagnation. Its progress, or regression. Pick a goal or two that interests you, and commit to it. In addition to health and fitness goals, I recommend you do the same with your work and your home life! We all want that raise or that extra day off or vacation, but how much to you ACTIVELY work for it? Most people are on auto-pilot through life. Goals take you out of your comfort zone, and into the drivers seat. The world is yours for the taking - what will you take in 2020?
If you'd like to chat with a CFS Coach about your goals, we are here to help! Click HERE
If you'd like help with your nutrition, email email@example.com
Here's to a healthy, happy, and gain-producing year!